Movement Based Learning for Special NeedsWorkshop
30 July 11:30 - 02 August 19:30
As part of our summer programme with Cecilia Koester, we are delighted to present this 4 day BG170 For Special Education Providers course.
Cecilia is internationally known for her work with children and adults who have special needs. She has worked since 1979 with children of all abilities––typically functioning, attention deficit/hyperactive, emotionally/behaviourally challenged, autistic, developmentally delayed, Downs Syndrome and severe special needs.
Mon 30th July- Thursday 2nd August
Early bird until 30/4 £360
Standard price £480
Repeaters fee (no manual) £260
No pre-requisites- open to all
This 32-hour experiential course provides an in-depth study of how to use Brain Gym® with children and adults, with specific adaptations for those who have special needs.
In this course students learn:
• 26 Brain Gym® movements and modifications for special cases
• 7 Building Block Activities which support integration of the nervous system
• The 5-step Balance Process which targets goals for learning and performance
• The principles of Educational Kinesiology
• How to assess the needs of an individual
• How to develop a Brain Gym® program to meet those needs
• How to evaluate the effectiveness of the program
• How to modify for best results
Students will leave the course with new skills that optimize learning and performance in all areas of life. And they will find that these tools are immediately applicable in home, school and therapeutic settings.
For more information on Cecilia's work please visit:
To book a place, please contact us directly for a registration form.
We are also running a 1 day teacher training course on Friday 3rd July. Please see our event section for more details.